The doctor told us that Riley will probably take a little longer to roll over since she is a tummy sleeper instead of a back sleeper...well it looks like the doctor was wrong! Riley has been loving her gym mat - she plays on her back - and has been rolling onto her side and then scooting around the mat using her heels. G-ma has been watching her while I work and told me today, "It's only a matter of time before she rolls onto her stomach". I put Riley on her gym mat when I got home from work and she immediately rolled onto her side and then...onto her tummy! I was so excited to be able to see it happen for the first time!! I ran upstairs to get the camera so I could document it and luckily she did it a few more times before getting tired and going down for her nap.
The first three photos are of Riley rolling from her tummy to her back.
This is an example of what we see when we go into Riley's room and she has rolled onto her back when she should be sleeping - she gives you a big smile. She is so proud of herself for rolling over!
The starting point - Riley on her back
Riley rolling onto her side - almost went right over to her tummy.
Working on rolling over with her fingers in her mouth!
On her way over...
To her tummy!
Looking around after rolling to her tummy - almost able to push herself up with her arms - so far she only lifts her head.
No comments:
Post a Comment