Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy 5 Months Riley Grace

Today Riley is 5 months old! I haven't been looking forward to this day since Riley was born. I say this because when she was 5 months old she would be heading to day care. We have visited this day care a number of times before and after Riley was born. I went in early July and I left feeling comfortable with the place, but all has changed now that it is time for her to go. Today Riley and I spent half of a day at day care and it was okay until the last hour. She was up very early today - 6am - and didn't take much of a nap in the morning (so much to take in, in her new surroundings) and when it came time to eat, I handed Riley over to one of the girls to feed her. Annnnnd...she wasn't having it - the combination of being overtired, new people and new surroundings made her very, very upset. I walked out of the room for a good 30 minutes, but she continued to be upset. When we left she was still upset and didn't calm down until she took the bottle while we drove home. Tomorrow, Riley is going again for a half day, but this time we are just going to drop her off and come back after a few hours. She needs to get use to it without me being around and it will only break my heart to watch her be that upset again. Lets pray that tomorrow is a better day for Riley Grace! We have school on Thursday, full day, so hopefully she likes it by then!

On another note, Riley is working on sitting up on her own. She can hold herself up with her hands, but then falls over to the side or does a face plant in the floor. I got a couple pictures of her sitting up today when we got home from day care.

Sitting up on her own - for a second

Starting to fold

On our way to a face plant in the rug

Riley passed out after a trying morning at day care

No comments:

Post a Comment