Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Riley Goes to Prom

This past Saturday Clint and I took Riley to Johnstown to see our students arrive at prom. The tradition for prom in Johnstown are for the students to arrive in the most creative way. For example, a U-Haul truck, horse and buggy, boat, scooters, etc. For the first time in our time teaching in Johnstown, Clint and I went back to Johnstown to see the hoop-la that surrounds the arrival at prom. I really wanted to go this year since I haven't been in school for the past two months and I miss seeing my students. The students loved meeting Riley and we were surrounded by students and parents for 2 hours straight...we even got our pictures taken a few times! It was great to see all the students dressed up and fun to see how each couple or group arrived. I brought my camera with me, but Riley was being a little fussy so she ended up in my arms the entire time so I didn't have time for pictures. Luckily, one of my students printed her pictures very quickly and gave Clint a picture in school on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment